What is an itin number?
An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a United States tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service for those who need to file a federal tax return but aren't eligible for a Social Security number.
What do I need to Apply for New or Renew ITIN Number?
The following list includes the documents you'll need to renew your ITIN:
- Valid Passport or
- Birth Certificate and Consular ID or
- Foreign Driver's License
- U.S. Medical Records (under 6 years old)
- U.S. School Records(under 14 or under 18 if they are students)
- Rental statement with the applicant’s name and address or
- Utility bill with the applicant’s name and address or
- Bank statement with applicant’s name and address
Additional requirements for children under 18
Additional requirements for dependents age 18 and over