• 3755 Washington Blvd Ste 4 So Ogden, UT 84401

Individual Tax Preparation

Casa Castillo Inc, has the expertise to provide you with the services that you need. Dedicated to keeping our tax preparation skills honed with continuing education courses throughout the year, we are highly qualified to prepare tax returns for all fifty states.
Our goal is to make the preparation process as easy as possible for you and minimize your tax liability with careful planning. Your tax preparation interview can be conducted either in person, by mail, or e-mail - whichever is most convenient for you. Whatever your circumstances may be, we are here to give you the best advice to help you get through life’s challenges. Whether you need current year returns prepared or need to plan for retirement or your child’s education, our professional team can assist you with all of your needs.


What Do I Need To File My Taxes?

Personal Information
Tax Identification Numbers are mandatory items on your tax prep checklist. All taxpayers will need the following information

  • Your social security number or ITIN Number
  • Your spouse's full name and social security            number or ITIN Number

  • Dependent(s) Information
    Parents and caregivers should gather this information as they review what they need to file their taxes

  • Dates of birth and SSN or ITIN Numbers
  • Childcare records (including the provider's tax      ID number) if applicable
  • Income of other adults in your home
  • Form 8332 showing that the child’s custodial          parent is releasing their right to claim a child          to you, the noncustodial parent (if applicable)

  • Sources of Income
    Many of these forms won't apply every year. For example, you will only receive the investment forms you may need to file your taxes if you had distributions or other activity

  • Employed: Forms W-2
  • Unemployed: Unemployment, state tax refund     (1099-G)

  • Retirement Income

  • Pension/IRA/annuity income (1099-R)
  • Traditional IRA basis (i.e., amounts you          contributed to the IRA that were already taxed)
  • Social security/RRB income (1099-SSA, RRB-           1099)

  • Savings & Investments or Dividends

  • Interest, dividend income (1099-INT, 1099-OID,     1099-DIV)
  • Income from sales of stock or other property       (1099-B, 1099-S)
  • Health Savings Account and long-term care            reimbursements (1099-SA or 1099-LTC)
  • Expenses related to your investments
  • Record of estimated tax payments made (Form     1040–ES)
  • Transactions involving cryptocurrency (Virtual       currency)

  • Other Income & Losses

  • Gambling income (W-2G or records showing            income, as well as expense records)
  • Jury duty records
  • Hobby income and expenses
  • Prizes and awards
  • Trusts
  • Royalty Income 1099–Misc
  • Any other 1099s received
  • Record of alimony paid/received with ex-              spouse’s name and SSN

You Should Know

The types of deductions you can take depend a lot on your life situation. It’s likely you won’t need all the records listed below for your tax documents checklist.
Home Ownership
  • Forms 1098 or other mortgage interest      statements
  • Real estate and personal property taxes
  • Receipts for energy-saving home             improvements (e.g., solar panels, solar,       water heater)
  • All other 1098 series forms
  • Medical Expenses
  • Amounts paid for and to doctors,          dentists, hospitals
  • Healthcare Insurance:Form 1095-A if you       enrolled in an insurance plan through       the Marketplace (Exchange)
  • Childcare Expenses
  • Fees paid to a licensed day care center       or family day care for care of an infant       or preschooler
  • Wages paid to a baby-sitter
  • Educational Expenses
  • Forms 1098-T from educational       institutions
  • Receipts that itemize qualified       educational expenses
  • Records of any scholarships or       fellowships you received
  • Form 1098-E if you paid student loan       interest
  • State & Local Taxes
  • Amount of state/local income tax paid       (other than wage withholding), or       amount of state and local sales tax paid
  • Invoice showing amount of vehicle sales       tax paid
  • Retirement & Other Savings
  • Form 5498-SA showing HSA       contributions
  • Form 5498 showing IRA        contributions
  • All other 5498 series forms (5498-QA,           5498-ESA)
  • With over 17 years of experience and ways to file taxes for everyone, you can trust us to get you your maximum refund—whether you meet us at the office or file comfortably from home.
  • File in-person
  • Drop off your tax docs
  • Upload your info and we will do the rest
  • Interested with this service.